Low Income Spay/Neuter Services
Qualifying for Low Income Spay/Neuter Services & Prices:
You must qualify before services are rendered. If you bring in your qualifying papers after surgery, you will be subject to our regular pricing. It is mandatory that you notify staff of low-income status before making your appointment. We will honor the discount to only two pets per household.
The East Bay SPCA Spay/Neuter Centers offer reduced pricing to residents of Alameda and Contra Costa counties who can demonstrate financial need or hardship. To qualify, you must be an individual on some documented form of government assistance:
- General Assistance/Relief
- Cash Assistance Program for Immigrants (CAPI)
- Food Stamps
- Social Security
You will be required to provide proof of your government assistance as well as proof of residency in Alameda or Contra Costa county upon check in. Please notify the staff member who is scheduling your appointment so they can review the documentation requirements with you.
Surgeries are performed at:
East Bay SPCA, Oakland Spay & Neuter Surgery Center
Oakland, CA 94621
East Bay SPCA, Dublin Spay & Neuter Surgery Center
4651 Gleason Drive
About Spay/Neuter fees:
- Spay fees may be higher for any animal determined to be pregnant.
- The following is included in the routine procedure fee: injectable pain medication (for both dogs and cats), 3 day supply of pain medications to go home (for dogs), and nail trim (upon request).
- There are extra fees for additional services and/or medications that are either required for surgery or authorized by the client. See below for additional services.
- There are additional fees associated with certain conditions. See below for a list of conditions.
We also offer the following services at additional costs:
- FeLV/FIV testing for cats
- Flea control medications
- Deworming medication
- Baby tooth extraction
- Dewclaw removal (non-attached)
- Umbilical hernia repair
- If additional medications are needed, such as sedatives or antibiotics, there is a minimum dispensing fee of $14.50
There are additional fees associated with the following conditions:
- Brachycephalic (short-nosed or flat faced)
- Cryptorchid (retained testicle, inguinal only)
These additional fees are based on each animal’s needs and will be assessed at the time of examination.
*If you are trying to book an appointment and the calendar keeps spinning, then we do not have any available appointments at this time. New appointment spots will open on the 15th of every month.