Private Dog Training
Private training sessions are currently available online via Zoom and in-person at our Oakland and Dublin locations.
In addition to our robust Dog Training Classes, the East Bay SPCA also offers Private Training Sessions. In these sessions, one of our trainers will observe and work closely with you and your dog and make recommendations for training and management plans.
Initial Consultation Includes
- Discussion of your dog’s Intake Form (available below) and questions regarding the dog’s history and main behavior concerns.
- Discussion of management techniques to prevent escalation of behavior.
- Discussion of equipment and tools needed for both training and management.
- Discussion of triggers, thresholds, learning theory, and body language.
- Implementation of at least one training technique to help modify the main behavior concern.
- Follow-up email with an outline of a training plan and additional notes and resources to help you move forward with training at home.
Additional Sessions Include
- Troubleshooting issues at home and follow-up regarding the training assigned during the first session.
- Adjustments to the training plan as needed.
- Building on the existing training plan and introducing additional tools or techniques.
East Bay SPCA Locations
Private training sessions are currently available online via Zoom and in-person at our Oakland location and Dublin location.
8323 Baldwin Street
Oakland, CA 94621
4651 Gleason Dr.
Dublin, CA 94568
Private Training Pricing Information
- 1 Hour In-Person Consultation + Training Plan (required prior to signing up for training sessions): $150
- 1 Hour Zoom Consultation + Training Plan (required prior to signing up for training sessions): $100
- In-Person Single Session (45 minutes): $125
- Pack of 3 In-person Training Sessions (45 minute sessions): $345
- Zoom Single Session (45 minutes): $80
- Pack of 3 Zoom Training Sessions (45 minute sessions): $215
If you are interested in booking a private training session with us but require a scholarship due to financial hardship, please contact us at email@example.com.
How to Register for Private Training
Please complete our Private Training Intake Form. We aim to be in touch with you within 72-hours to discuss our availability to take on new cases and scheduling an appointment.
Prepare for Your First Session by Having the Following
- Your dog on a non-retractable leash and a harness and/or collar
- Your dog’s FAVORITE high value treats
- A stuffed Kong or long-lasting chew to keep your dog occupied during discussions