How to Adopt
What to Expect When You’re Adopting
In compliance with Shelter in Place health and safety guidelines, the East Bay SPCA is closed for regular adoptions, but it is still possible to adopt a shelter dog at this time. We have developed a way to facilitate dog adoptions while still practicing social distancing to keep our staff and community safe. Please continue to visit this page to see when cat adoptions will become available.
Love is Blind… and furry.
Let our expert matchmakers help you find the pawfect match. Sight unseen.
Complete our adoption application below and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our team of expert adoption matchmakers will review applications and contact you with more information about next steps.
We are primarily looking to make matches with our long-timers and dogs with special needs. We only have a handful of dogs who are good with dogs, cats, and/or kids.
Blind matchmaking not for you? No worries! Once the COVID-19 Shelter in Place restrictions are lifted, we’ll re-open our shelters so you can come visit us in person to find your new furry friend.
Please note that in the event of high demand, our team will be able to respond to a maximum of 100 applicants a week. Adoption matches will also depend on the number of available animals in our shelter at any given time. We thank you for your patience and cooperation.
In Order to Help Us Find Your Perfect Pet, Please Come Prepared to
- Spend adequate time getting to know the animal.
- Be certain pets are allowed in your home or apartment.
- Be a responsible pet owner.
- Be willing to give your new pet a permanent home.
- Show your Driver’s License, California ID card, or other photo identification (you must be 18 years old).
- Be able to pay our adoption fees. Our fees can only be paid by credit card or cash. We do not accept checks.
Every East Bay SPCA Adoption Includes
- Initial Vaccines
- Microchip & Registration
- Roundworm and Flea Treatment
- Temporary Leash and Collar
- Discounted Dog Training Classes
Puppy (under 6 months): $200
Club Second Chance / Senior Dog: $50