Is working with animals your dream job?
Check out our career opportunities. The East Bay SPCA is a great place to work with wonderful facilities, co-workers, benefits and of course, plenty of furry friends.
We are always looking for talented animal lovers to join our team to help further our mission. The East Bay SPCA’s culture is inclusive and team oriented. We take a “cando” attitude in our approach to solving problems and strive to be as humane to one another as we are to the animals in our care. Collaboration and flexibility are the keys to our success. Volunteers help us in our everyday work, and we believe they are a valuable resource to our organization and a key to our success.
The East Bay SPCA is a nonprofit organization committed to the welfare of cats and dogs in the communities we serve. We strive to eliminate animal cruelty, neglect and overpopulation by providing programs and education that support people and companion animals.
Founded in 1874, we offer high quality, afforadable services in Alameda and Contra Costa Counties and operate facilities in Oakland and Dublin. We take in strays, owner surrenders and animals transferred from local municipal shelters, successfully rehabilitating many whose behavioral or medical issues would prevent adoption elsewhere.
The East Bay SPCA offers a competitive pay scale. Beyond the salary is the satisfaction of knowing that you are saving lives and working at one of the region’s top nonprofit animal welfare organizations.
The East Bay SPCA offers career opportunities that span a wide variety of departments and interests, including:
- Veterinary Clinic (AAHA accredited)
- Spay/Neuter Clinic
- Adoption Counseling
- Shelter Operations
- Humane Education
- Behavior and Training
Full Time Employees’ Benefits
Employee benefits are 100% paid by the East Bay SPCA (with the exception of vision insurance).
- Medical (after 30 days of employment)
- Life, short- and long-term disability insurance
- Accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance
- Vision insurance
- Employee assistance plan
- Travel assistance plan
- 15 days of paid time off per year (more after 5 years of service)
- 10 paid holidays per year
- 401(K) plan with a 3% employer contribution for all employees and up to 7% discretionary profit sharing contribution annually
- Discounted veterinary exams for employee-owned animals
- One free spay/neuter surgery each year
- At-cost medications and lab work
- 50% off on vaccine and xray costs
- Waived adoption fees for one animal
- Benefits effective after 60 days of employment