Spay/Neuter Services and Pricing*
- Your pet must be between the ages of 4 months to 6 years old
- Your pet must weigh at least 4 pounds but under 120 pounds
- Your pet must be healthy with no underlying medical issues
- A deposit is required to schedule an appointment. The deposit amount is half the surgery fee and is collected over the phone when scheduling and confirming the appointment.
- There can be up to a 6-8 week wait for an appointment
*If your pet is over 7 years old or over 120 pounds, please call our Veterinary Clinic at (510) 569-1606 to schedule your spay/neuter appointment. Additional fees may apply based on your animal’s age and weight.
Vaccination Recommendations: We STRONGLY recommend that your pet be properly immunized for his/her own protection. Please discuss appropriate vaccinations with your regular veterinarian ahead of time. Let us know at check-in if your pet is not up to date. We can provide vaccines at an additional cost on the day of surgery.
Cat Neutering (male): $75
Cat Spaying (female): $100
Feral Cat Spay/Neuter: $40
(click for qualifications)
Dog Neutering (male) (up to 65 pounds): $125
Dog Neutering (male) (66-100 pounds): $150
Dog Spaying (female) (up to 49 pounds): $150
Dog Spaying (50-100 pounds): $175
*These prices include a toe nail trim and post operative pain medication. All dogs will receive pain medication to go home and all cats will receive a pain injection that lasts for 3 days.
If your dog is a Chihuahua or Chihuahua Mix, you may qualify for our DISCOUNTED Chi Fix Program. (click for qualifications)
We will honor the discount to only two Chihuahuas per household.
If your dog is a Pit Bull or Pit Bull Mix, you may qualify for our DISCOUNTED Pit Fix Program. (click for qualifications) We will honor the discount to only two Pitbulls per household.
Qualifying for Low Income Spay/Neuter Services & Prices:
You must qualify before services are rendered. If you bring in your qualifying papers after surgery, you will be subject to our regular pricing. It is mandatory that you notify staff of low-income status before making your appointment. We will honor the discount to only two pets per household.
The East Bay SPCA Spay/Neuter Centers offer reduced pricing to residents of Alameda and Contra Costa counties who can demonstrate financial need or hardship. To qualify, you must be an individual on some documented form of government assistance:
- General Assistance/Relief
- Cash Assistance Program for Immigrants (CAPI)
- Food Stamps
- Social Security
You will be required to provide proof of your government assistance as well as proof of residency in Alameda or Contra Costa county upon check in. Please notify the staff member who is scheduling your appointment so they can review the documentation requirements with you.
About Spay/Neuter fees:
- Spay fees may be higher for any animal determined to be pregnant.
- The following is included in the routine procedure fee: injectable pain medication (for both dogs and cats), 3 day supply of pain medications to go home (for dogs), and nail trim (upon request).
- There are extra fees for additional services and/or medications that are either required for surgery or authorized by the client. See below for additional services.
- There are additional fees associated with certain conditions. See below for a list of conditions.
We also offer the following services at additional costs:
- FeLV/FIV testing for cats
- Flea control medications
- Deworming medication
- Baby tooth extraction
- Dewclaw removal (non-attached)
- Umbilical hernia repair
- If additional medications are needed, such as sedatives or antibiotics, there is a minimum dispensing fee of $14.50
There are additional fees associated with the following conditions:
- Brachycephalic (short-nosed or flat faced)
- Cryptorchid (retained testicle, inguinal only)
These additional fees are based on each animal’s needs and will be assessed at the time of examination.
You Might Also Like
These clinics are offered in Oakland and Berkeley to provide free core vaccinations for cats and dogs as well as free deworming, flea medication, free and discounted microchipping, and spay neuter resources.