Pit Fix Program
Get Your Pit Fixed for $50
The East Bay SPCA offers discounted spay or neuter surgeries for pit bulls and pit bull mixes owned by residents of Alameda and Contra Costa Counties. While the euthanasia of animals is on the decline across the county, the pit bull population continues to grow, leaving more and more of these animals to languish in our shelters or be euthanized without ever knowing the warmth of a home or the love of a family.
There will never be enough homes in our community for the number of pit bulls and pit bull mixes, and the only responsible solution to curbing this population is spay and neuter programs.
Surgeries are performed at:
East Bay SPCA, Oakland Spay & Neuter Surgery Center
Oakland, CA 94621
East Bay SPCA, Dublin Spay & Neuter Surgery Center
4651 Gleason Drive
Dublin, CA 94568
To qualify for this discounted service, you must:
- The $50 surgery fee is collected over the phone at the time your surgery appointments is scheduled.
- Have proof that you live in Alameda or Contra Costa County. A current Driver’s License or California ID with an Alameda or Contra Costa County address on it is acceptable.
- Only owned pit bulls or pit bull mixes qualify for this program. No rescue groups, foster organizations, shelter animals or stray pit bulls will be allowed to participate.
- Qualification for the Pit Fix Program requires that your dog primarily looks like a pit bull. Determining whether your dog is a pit bull or not will be at the sole discretion of our staff. Documentation of breed history can be provided, but the final decision will be ours. Dogs determined not to be pit bulls will be subject to our regular, affordable prices.
- Only surgery related procedures are discounted. Vaccinations, other treatments, microchipping and/or procedures are at the owners expense.
- Appointments must be made for each dog you would like spayed or neutered and there can be up to a 6-8 week wait for an appointment.
- Please Note: The East Bay SPCA Spay/Neuter Centers can only accept animals between ages of 4 months and 6 years. If your animal is 7 years or older, please call our Full Service Veterinary Clinic at (510) 569-1606.