Service Learning Projects
Service Learning Projects are completed independently, offsite with the guidance of our education staff as needed.
PLEASE NOTE: At this time, we are not able to accommodate individuals hoping to complete Service Learning Projects in order to satisfy their community service hours. Please see our other Youth Volunteer Programs for opportunities to satisfy community service hours.
How to Begin
Please read the information listed below very carefully. If you are interested in seeking support of the East Bay SPCA, or wish for us to be the recipient of your project please begin by filling out our project request form. Someone from our education team will contact you shortly to follow up on next steps.
Who is Eligible to Complete Service Learning Projects
• Individual Scout Projects (ex: Bronze, Silver, Gold or Eagle Scout)
• Group Projects (ex: Scout Groups, Classroom Groups, etc.)
• School Interviews or Research projects
Guidelines and Expectations
• Individuals wishing to complete a project with the assistance of the East Bay SPCA must complete a project request form.
• All communication about the project must come from the student(s) themselves.
• Meetings or appointments must be requested at least two weeks ahead of time. We are not able to accommodate drop-in or last minute requests.
• In order to ensure the success and viability of a project, the East Bay SPCA should be contacted before the start of a project.
• The East Bay SPCA can not provide any financial assistance for projects. Any costs incurred need to be covered by those completing the project.
• At this time, the East Bay SPCA can not facilitate onsite volunteering for projects. All those completing projects are required to record hours accurately and will be signed off by East Bay SPCA education staff upon completion of the project.
• Individuals authorize the use of and reproduction by the East Bay SPCA, or anyone authorized by the East Bay SPCA, of any and all photographic materials which are taken. Said picture may be used in production of any East Bay SPCA publication or for public relations purposes in any medium without compensation to the individual(s). All photos and brochures shall be considered solely and completely the property of the East Bay SPCA. Individuals also waive any right to inspect or approve the finished product(s) that may use the images.
• East Bay SPCA staff reserves the right not to sign off, accept, or approve projects which do not meet the guidelines or expectations of the organization.
• East Bay SPCA staff reserves the right to terminate the support of a project at any time if expectations are not met.
Current needs/Project ideas
Below is a list of projects that we may currently be seeking assistance with:
• Cat Toys
• Dog Toys
• Pet Food Drive
• Shelter Beautification