Fall and Winter Camp
Looking for something fun to do during school breaks? Our Fall and Winter Camps put a fun animal twist on the traditional camp experience. 1st through 5th graders will participate in crafts, games, and animal interactions each day that are sure to get your tail wagging.
Fall Animal Camp
Winter Animal Camp
Oakland Adoption Center
8323 Baldwin Street
Dublin Adoption Center
4651 Gleason Drive
Scholarships are available!
Limited Financial Assistance is available for qualifying applicants.
Scholarship applications for Winter Camp will be open from October 1st through November 30th
Please contact us if you need an application in another language at email@example.com.
Activities may be moved outdoors as weather allows. When we are indoors, we will be in an area not accessed by the public. Additionally, we have a state-of-the-art ventilation system that is designed with disease transmission in mind, due to the fact that our shelter has always had to take exceptional precautions against highly dangerous transmittable diseases for our animal population.
We try to facilitate all active games, snack and lunch time, and simple crafts outside, however we are limited by temperature and weather conditions. Many of our animal meets, especially those involving cats, kittens, and young puppies, need to be hosted indoors for the animal’s safety.
- Staff will do a visual check of participants upon arrival and may ask about any new or different symptoms appearing in campers. Any potential symptoms will result in a child being asked to return home. Previous conditions such as seasonal or pet allergies and asthma will be taken into consideration.
- Participants may have their temperature taken upon arriving at camp daily. In accordance with public health recommendations, an elevated temperature of 100.0F or higher will be consider contagious and the individual will be sent home.
- All participants and staff are strongly encouraged, but not required to wear masks on site that cover their nose and mouth.
- Whenever possible, participants will be provided with their own set of supplies.
- Any supplies that need to be shared will be sanitized between users or daily, following public health guidelines for specific items.
- Shared environmental spaces, such as door handles, countertops, and other surfaces, will be sanitized several times a day.
Due to current COVID concerns, we have adjusted to the following cancellation policy:
- For cancellations made 21 days or more prior to the program’s start date, we can provide you with refund minus a $75 administrative fee to your credit card or check.
- For cancellations made less than 21 days prior to the session’s start date, no refund will be granted.
- For any illness related cancellations– due to potential or confirmed Covid symptoms, or for potential exposure self-isolation– we can provided you with full credit to your East Bay SPCA registration account balance, which can be used at a later date to either reschedule the same program or to sign up for future education programs such as our Spring and Summer Camps or our youth volunteer programming.
- Should we need to cancel camp on our end, due to potential exposure or updated county policies, you would be notified immediately and offered the option to transfer registration to a later program date or a full refund back to the payment card.
- Please note, we cannot accommodate any makeup sessions or days. Transferring sessions due to illness cancellations is subject to availability.
We try to provide as much animal time as possible, while making sure that everyone remains safe and that our shelter animals are not too overwhelmed. We aim to guarantee one cat time and one dog time each day of camp, and hopefully more! We are also able to include the occasional surprise visit from one of our education animal ambassadors.
When we’re not meeting our shelter animals hands-on, we are often doing activities that directly help them- such as making cat toys or dog treats and delivering them to animals around the shelter.
Our camps are structured like a typical day camp- just with an animal twist!