Medical Assistance Fund
For clients at our full-service Veterinary Clinic in Oakland, we offer financial assistance for unexpected veterinary bills. While assistance can help cover some of the cost, qualified clients are responsible for payment of a portion of services.
In order to receive assistance you must first get a diagnosis from a veterinarian at our full-service Veterinary Clinic.
Patient (animal) eligibility for assistance:
- Pet needs to be spayed/neutered, or client agrees to spay/neuter once pet is healthy. Medical issue needs to be unexpected and medically necessary to treat immediately.
- Long-term prognosis needs to be good.
Client (person) eligibility for assistance:
- Lives in Alameda or Contra Costa County
- Applicants must meet income requirements and provide current income
- Clients are only eligible for financial assistance through this program once per year
To learn more about the program and apply for help, contact our Manager of Humane Advocacy at (510) 563-4627 or email@example.com.
This program is not intended for medical emergencies. If your pet is experiencing a medical emergency, please go to an emergency veterinary hospital.
Need a suggestion of where to go? Here is a list of local Veterinarians (including emergency hospitals), low cost spay and neuter clinics, and free or low cost vaccine clinics.
Not experiencing any medical emergencies or needs but in need of food for your pet? We are currently offering a drive-through free Pet Food Pantry for dog and cat owners needing extra support in feeding their pets. Please visit our Pet Food Pantry page or contact our Manager of Humane Advocacy at (510) 563-4627 for information.
These clinics are offered in Oakland and Berkeley to provide free core vaccinations for cats and dogs as well as free deworming, flea medication, free and discounted microchipping, and spay neuter resources.