For clients at our full-service Veterinary Clinic in Oakland, we offer financial assistance for unexpected veterinary bills. While assistance can help cover some of the cost, qualified clients are responsible for payment of a portion of services.
In order to receive assistance you must first get a diagnosis from a veterinarian at our full-service Veterinary Clinic.
Patient (animal) eligibility for assistance:
- Pet needs to be spayed/neutered, or client agrees to spay/neuter once pet is healthy
- Medical issue is unexpected and needs immediate medical attention
- Long-term prognosis needs to be good
Client (person) eligibility for assistance:
- Lives in Alameda or Contra Costa County
- Applicants must meet income requirements and provide current income verification documentation (documentation must be from within the last 90 days)
Documentation MUST have dollar amounts and could include:
- Current pay check stub
- Current tax return form
- Unemployment check stub
- Medicaid/Medicare or Food Stamp card
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) ID or letter
- Clients are eligible for help once a year
This program is not intended for medical emergencies. If your pet is experiencing a medical emergency, please go to an emergency veterinary hospital.
These clinics are offered in Oakland and Berkeley to provide free core vaccinations for cats and dogs as well as free deworming, flea medication, free and discounted microchipping, and spay neuter resources.