Private Dog Training
In addition to our robust Dog Training Classes, East Bay SPCA also offers Private Sessions. In these sessions, one of our trainers will observe and work closely with you and your dog, and make recommendations for training and management plans.
Initial Private Training Sessions Include
- Discussion of your dog’s Intake Form and questions regarding the dog’s history and main behavior concerns.
- Discussion of management techniques to prevent escalation of behavior.
- Discussion of equipment and tools needed for both training and management.
- Discussion of triggers, thresholds, learning theory, and body language.
- Implementing at least one training technique to help modify the main behavior concern.
- Discussion of how many additional sessions the client may need to address the behavior concern(s)
Additional Sessions Include
- Troubleshooting issues at home and follow-up regarding the training assigned during the first session.
- Adjust the training plan if needed.
- Build on the existing training plan and introduce new training behaviors.
East Bay SPCA Locations
8323 Baldwin Street
Oakland, CA 94621
4651 Gleason Drive
Dublin, CA 94568
Private Training Pricing Information
- Initial Training Session: $85.00
- Additional Sessions: $70.00
- Package of 3 Follow Up Sessions: $189.00
How to Register for Private Training
Please complete our Private Training Intake Form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org. We aim to be in touch with you within 72-hours to discuss our availability to take on new cases and scheduling an appointment.
Prepare for Your First Session by Bringing the Following
- Bring your dog on a 6 foot leash and collar
- Treats that your dog enjoys
- Bring a stuffed Kong or chewie to keep your dog occupied during the discussions.