Private Dog Training
Private training sessions are currently available at our Oakland location, or online via Zoom.
In addition to our robust Dog Training Classes, the East Bay SPCA also offers Private Training Sessions. In these sessions, one of our trainers will observe and work closely with you and your dog and make recommendations for training and management plans.
Initial Private Training Sessions Include
- Discussion of your dog’s Intake Form and questions regarding the dog’s history and main behavior concerns.
- Discussion of management techniques to prevent escalation of behavior.
- Discussion of equipment and tools needed for both training and management.
- Discussion of triggers, thresholds, learning theory, and body language.
- Implementing at least one training technique to help modify the main behavior concern.
- Discussion of how many additional sessions the client may need to address the behavior concern(s)
Additional Sessions Include
- Troubleshooting issues at home and follow-up regarding the training assigned during the first session.
- Adjustments to the training plan if needed.
- Building on the existing training plan and introducing additional tools or techniques.
East Bay SPCA Locations
During Shelter in Place private training sessions are currently available at our Oakland location, or online via Zoom.
Oakland Adoption Center
8323 Baldwin Street
Oakland, CA 94621
Private Training Pricing Information
- In-Person Training (60-minute Session): $125.00
- Pack of 3 In-person Training (60-minute Sessions): $345.00
- Zoom Training (60-minute Session): $80.00
If you are interested in booking a private training session with us but require a scholarship due to financial hardship, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Register for Private Training
Please complete our Private Training Intake Form. We aim to be in touch with you within 72-hours to discuss our availability to take on new cases and scheduling an appointment.
Prepare for Your First Session by Having the Following
- Bring your dog on a 6-foot leash and collar
- Treats that your dog enjoys
- Bring a stuffed Kong or chewie to keep your dog occupied during the discussions.