And the winner is…
Thanks to all who entered our special Valentine’s Name This Dog! Contest. Ricki N. suggested the winning name, Beau N. Arrow. Congratulations to Rikki who wins a $50 voucher for pet services at our Oakland Veterinary Clinic!
Special mention also to our three runners-up: “Wilbur” by Geoffrey P., “Scoops” by Jane E., and “Valentino” by Rosalyn J; who each win a $25 voucher for pet services at our Oakland Veterinary Clinic.
Read on for some fun facts and amusing contest entries.
Top name submissions:
- Variations of Valentino – We had 59 entries with variations of Valentino, Rudolph Valentino, and “Tino” for short. There must be a lot of silent movie buffs out there! (Confused? Check out this great Wikipedia entry about the smoldering star of the silver screen.) Runner-up Rosalyn J. was the first to suggest this romantic name. (Also, kind of amazingly, the more traditional “Valentine” was only suggested three times!)
- Versions of Cupid – We had 27 entries featuring this Valentine matchmaker’s moniker.
- Romeo, Romeo, where for art thou? – We had 17 entries proposing this star-crossed lover’s name.
Funniest and Silliest Entries – we had a lot of these, but here’s a few favorites:
- Bogie (as in Humphrey)
- Bruiser (Legally Blonde reference?)
- Chewbacca & Chewie
- Constable Harold Buttersworth (??)
- Dawson Beauregard Finch (??)
- Doggy McDogface
- Hercules Mulligan
- Nat King Cole
- Ringo Star
- Ronald Weasley
- Ryan Gosling
- Staniel Tucci
- Tilde Swinton
- Val Kilmer
Don’t see your entry here? Rest assured that all entries were appreciated; marveled, shrugged or smiled at! As always, thanks for caring for pets in the East Bay.