Spay/Neuter Services and Pricing*
- Your pet must be between the ages of 4 months to 7 years old.
- He/she must be at least 4 pounds.
- The Spay/Neuter Center will not be able to perform the surgery on any dog over 120 pounds.
- Please call our Veterinary Clinic to schedule your Spay/Neuter appointment if your pet is over 7 years old or over 120 pounds. Additional fees may apply based on your animal’s age and weight.
- The Spay/Neuter fees are higher at the Veterinary Clinic.
Cat Neutering: $70
Cat Spaying: $95
Feral Cat Spay/Neuter: $30
(click for qualifications)
Dog Neutering (up to 65 pounds): $120
Dog Neutering (66-100 pounds): $145
Dog Spaying (up to 49 pounds): $145
Dog Spaying (50-100 pounds): $170
*Please call for pricing for dogs over 100lbs
If your dog is a Chihuahua or Chihuahua Mix, you may qualify for our DISCOUNTED Chi Fix Program. (click for qualifications)
We will honor the discount to only two Chihuahuas per household.
If your dog is a Pit Bull or Pit Bull Mix, you may qualify for our FREE East Bay Pit Fix Program. (click for qualifications) We will honor the discount to only two Pitbulls per household.
Qualifying for Low Income Spay/Neuter Services & Prices:
You must qualify before services are rendered. If you bring in your qualifying papers after surgery, you will be subject to our regular pricing. It is mandatory that you notify staff of low-income status before making your appointment. We will honor the discount to only two pets per household.
The East Bay SPCA Spay/Neuter Centers offer reduced pricing to residents of Alameda and Contra Costa counties who can demonstrate financial need or hardship. To qualify, you must be an individual on some documented form of government assistance:
- General Assistance/Relief
- Cash Assistance Program for Immigrants (CAPI)
- Food Stamps
- Social Security
You will be required to provide proof of your government assistance as well as proof of residency in Alameda or Contra Costa county upon check in. Please notify the staff member who is scheduling your appointment so they can review the documentation requirements with you.
About Spay/Neuter fees:
- Spay fees may be higher for any animal determined to be pregnant.
- Extra fees are applied for additional services and medications required by surgery and/or authorized by customer.
- All animals receive injectable pain medication during surgery; this is included in the routine procedure fee.
- Cats receive injectable pain medication during surgery, and dogs receive a 3-day supply of medication.
- This is included in the routine procedure fee.
- Vaccinations, deworming, and microchips are available at our Spay & Neuter Surgery Centers. See above prices.
- Nail trims will be provided free of charge on all spay/neuter surgeries, upon request.
- *Please note that all spay/neuter surgeries include initial pain medication. There may be additional charges related to, but not limited to, pregnancy, obesity, brachycephalic (short-nosed or flat faced), animals noted to be in “heat” or noted as a cryptorchid. These additional charges are based on each animal’s needs and will be assessed at the time of examination. All prescriptions must be approved by the veterinarian and an examination must be current within the last year. Please note that there is a minimum medication charge of $14.50.