Pet Survivor Placement Program
Planning for your pet’s future, and next home if necessary, is something every responsible pet owner should consider. The East Bay SPCA’s Pet Survivor Placement Program aims to give animal guardians peace of mind about the fate of their pet(s) should they predecease their beloved companion(s).
As a member of this program, should your pet(s) survive you, we assure that will receive loving care and medical attention while we work to place them in the best possible home.
To enroll in this program
- Complete a Pet Survivor Placement Program enrollment form and pet profile(s) form for each pet you wish to enroll. The information you supply will help the East Bay SPCA provide your pet with the best possible home.
- Provide an annual gift to the East Bay SPCA of $250 or more. These gifts support our Pet Survivor Placement Program, adoption center and veterinary clinic.
- Specify the following in your will or trust:
- Designate the East Bay SPCA as a beneficiary to cover the costs of caring for your pet while we work to find them a new home.
- Designate your wish to give your pet(s) to the East Bay SPCA’s Pet Survivor Placement Program at the time of your death.
- Designate a friend, relative or the trustee/executor of your estate to act as an interim caretaker who can bring your pet to the East Bay SPCA.
- Send the original pet profile(s), enrollment form and copy of your will or trust to the East Bay SPCA, 8323 Baldwin Street, Oakland, CA 94621. You may update or change the information at any time.
For more information on our Pet Survivor Placement Program, contact Jodie at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (510) 563-4617.
Thank you for being a responsible pet companion!
What is the Pet Survivor Placement Program?
The purpose of the program is to provide shelter for the pets of active East Bay SPCA supporters after their passing or at such time when they are not able to care for their pets in the way they would like. We will take custody of their pets at such time. The member should choose a trusted friend, neighbor or family member to serve as our contact person. This should be someone who will receive early notice of the member’s passing and bring the animal to our facility immediately. We do not have the
resources available to pick up animals.
Will my pet be adopted?
The East Bay SPCA will make every effort to find your pet a permanent, loving home. We cannot guarantee placement as some animals are not suitable for adoption into a new home; however, all animals participating in this program to date have been successfully placed with new families.
I have more than one pet; can I enroll them all?
The Pet Survivor Placement Program can accept all your pet companions into the program. We are a nonprofit funded by fees and charitable gifts from individuals and pet owners. Please consider a gift to support your animal and other dogs and cats in our local East Bay community.
How will my pet get to the East Bay SPCA?
The member should choose a trusted friend, neighbor or family member to serve as our contact person. This should be someone who will receive early notice of the member’s passing and bring the animal to our facility immediately. We do not have the resources available to pick up animals. For enrolled participants, the East Bay SPCA will take custody of their pets at such time.
Who can I contact for more information about the Pet Survivor Placement Program and general estate planning?
If you have any questions about the Pet Survivor Placement Program or general estate planning questions, please
contact Jodie Ford, Development Manager at (510) 563-4617 or email@example.com.