We offer overnight boarding for dogs at our Dublin facility.
We offer short and long-term boarding for dogs at our Dublin facility, located at 4651 Gleason Drive. Space is limited and conditions apply.
Boarding fees are $30 per night. Please read all information below to see if we are a good fit for your canine companion.
Staff arrive at 8am and proceed to housetrain the dogs. Morning meal is between 8:30 and 9am followed by another potty break/brief exercise session. During that time, their kennels are cleaned, bedding/toys are replaced as needed, and fresh water is given. Throughout the day, they have access to their outside run and will receive spot cleaning as needed. Around 3:30pm, the evening meal is provided followed by another potty break. The dog will be securely housed for the evening when staff leave at 6pm.
The kennels provide both indoor and outdoor access from 8am-6pm. They are climate controlled and accessible to staff only. The indoor area is approximately 8’ x 4’. The outdoor area is approximately 7.5’ x 3.5’.
Staff are on the premises between the hours of 8am-6pm, seven days a week, year round. There may be a modified staff schedule for certain holidays.
Yes. A discounted fee of $15 per night will be charged for additional dogs sharing a kennel. Please note that we will house bonded dogs together as long as it doesn’t pose a safety risk to the animals or staff while still allowing for adequate housing space for each dog. As a general rule, animals 50lbs or larger may not have enough space if sharing one kennel and may be required to be housed separately. Feel free to discuss your individual situation with our knowledgeable staff.
We accept puppies 16 weeks or older who are properly vaccinated. East Bay SPCA boarding requires all dogs be vaccinated for DHPP, Rabies and Bordetella at least two weeks prior to being boarded.
Booking confirmation is contingent upon payment of 50% of total boarding fees, with the remainder due upon check-in. 48-hour cancellation is required for deposit refund. If cancellation occurs with < 48 hours notice, owner forfeits the deposit.
Holidays: A $90 (3-day booking value) non-refundable holiday deposit is required to board during holiday periods. Deposit will be applied towards the holiday bill or will be forfeited if reservation is cancelled with less than fourteen day notice.
If your dog needs any veterinary attention during boarding, we will transport your animal to 24hr SAGE Emergency Clinic in Dublin, CA. Every effort will be made to notify you or your designated emergency contact immediately, but if contact cannot be made, the capable veterinarians will proceed in the best interest of your pet until we get in touch.
Because we do not have a full time veterinarian on the premises, we are unfortunately unable to accommodate dogs with current or ongoing medical issues.
We do provide bedding and toys, but you are more than welcome to bring in your dog’s personal items. Please bear in mind that toys and bedding can get chewed up, shredded, or inadvertently damaged when laundered/bleached. Please do not bring anything fragile or valuable. We make every effort to return all items, but cannot guarantee you will receive each item back, nor can we guarantee that it will be in the same condition it was when you left it with us.
In order to keep your dog as comfortable as possible, we ask that you provide your own food and treats in amount sufficient to cover the whole stay. Often times, dogs can be stressed in a foreign environment and familiar food and treats help provide consistency and comfort.
We are currently unable to accommodate playgroups or additional walks, but may extend our boarding program in the future.
On occasion, your dog may be exposed to loud noises from the police academy that is located behind our shelter. This may include gun shots, squealing tires, and explosive devices. If your dog is noise-sensitive or becomes uncomfortable with firework-like sounds, please notify our staff so that we can make every effort to ensure your dog is as comfortable as possible.
- DHPP – must be given at least two weeks prior to check-in; renewed annually or every three years for adult dogs.
- Rabies – must given at least two weeks prior to check-in; renewed every three years for adult dogs. First time rabies vaccinations, must be given at least 30 days prior to scheduled boarding dates.
- Bordetella – must be given at least seven days prior to check-in: renewed annually.
- Any existing skin condition must have a veterinarian’s statement of diagnosis.
- Pet must have proof of having been treated for fleas and dewormed
- All dogs must be brought in on a leash (collared or harnessed) unless arriving in a crate.
- They must wear an ID tag at all times
- If a pet exhibits severe aggressive behaviors towards humans upon check in, the animal will be denied at the discretion of East Bay SPCA staff. Owner is eligible for refund.
- Owners provide their pet’s usual food and treats in the amount sufficient for the whole stay.
- All food/treats, bedding and toys must be clearly labeled with pet’s name
- Complete an online Boarding Request. Staff will reply within 48 hours to confirm your request and process your reservation.
- Upon confirmation, you will complete a detailed Client and Pet Profile and pay 50% deposit fee.
- Boarding fees are charged at $30 per dog/per day. Any additional animal occupying the same kennel will be charged $15 per dog/per day. Check-in day is included.
- Boarding fees are charged at $30 per dog if check-in and check-out occur on the same day.
- A 50% deposit of total boarding amount is due at time of reservation.
- Check-In/Drop-Off: 2PM to 5PM, daily, by appointment only. No check-in on holidays closed to public.
- Allow 30 minutes for check-in.
- Pet vaccination record and health history must be provided for review
- Pet will be checked for ticks and fleas
- For the well-being of all animals in our care, East Bay SPCA reserves the right to refuse boarding privileges if health and vaccination history is not provided.
- Check-Out/Pick-Up: 10AM to 12PM, daily, by appointment only. No check-out on holidays closed to public.
- If check-out is by 12 PM (noon), no additional night will be charged.
- If check-out is after 12 PM (noon), you will be charged for additional day.
- Full payment is expected at check-in. We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, or cash. Please note: Checks are only accepted as deposit for emergency care, NOT as means of payment for boarding fees.
- 48-hour cancellation is required. If cancellation occurs with < 48 hours, you will forfeit your deposit.
- A credit card number is required to hold a reservation
- Holiday Reservations: a $90 (3-day booking value), non-refundable holiday deposit is required to board during holiday periods. Deposit will be applied towards the total amount due or will be forfeited if reservation is cancelled. If holiday reservation is cancelled with less than fourteen day notice, the standard cancellation fee (50% of total time booked) will apply
To get started, please complete this brief online request form. Staff will reply within 48 hours to let you know if your requested time is available, answer any questions you might have, and to complete your reservation.