Private Dog Training
In addition to our robust Dog Training Classes, East Bay SPCA also offers Private Sessions. In these sessions, one of our trainers will observe and work closely with you and your dog, and make recommendations for training and management plans.
Initial Private Training Sessions Include
- Discussion of your dog’s Intake Form and questions regarding the dog’s history and main behavior concerns.
- Discussion of management techniques to prevent escalation of behavior.
- Discussion of equipment and tools needed for both training and management.
- Discussion of triggers, thresholds, learning theory, and body language.
- Implementing at least one training technique to help modify the main behavior concern.
- Discussion of how many additional sessions the client may need to address the behavior concern(s)
Additional Sessions Include
- Troubleshooting issues at home and follow-up regarding the training assigned during the first session.
- Adjust the training plan if needed.
- Build on the existing training plan and introduce new training behaviors.
East Bay SPCA Locations
8323 Baldwin Street
Oakland, CA 94621
4651 Gleason Drive
Dublin, CA 94568
Please note: we are currently offering a limited number of private appointments at only our Oakland facility.
Private Training Pricing Information
- Initial Training Session: $85.00
- Additional Sessions: $70.00
- ABC’s Package (3 Sessions): $225.00
For dogs who would not do well in a classroom setting, or for owners who would prefer one-on-one attention. The focus is basic skills ranging from: Come, loose leash walking, leave it, stay, sit, wait, off, down, and go to mat.
How to Register for All Private Training
Unfortunately, we are not able to take all private training cases. Please start by completing our Private Training Intake Form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be in touch with you regarding our availability and scheduling an appointment within 72-hours.
Currently, we are only offering private training sessions at our Oakland location on Wednesday afternoons.
Prepare for Your First Session by Bringing the Following
- Bring your dog on a 6 foot leash and collar
- Treats that your dog enjoys
- Bring a stuffed Kong or chewie to keep your dog occupied during the discussions.